The club has posted the 2017 Mag-U Academy schedule. Registration is still being accepted. Please visit the Academy page for complete details of the program and additional information about registration.
The schedule for the 2017 Mag-U Academy program is as follows with location:
- April 23, 30 – (Discovery Park)
- May 7 (Discovery Park), 21 (Magnolia Playfield* – see note below)
- June 4, 11 – (Discovery Park)
Time: 1-2:30pm on Sunday afternoons
Location: Large grassy field in Discovery Park (at the end of Vermont Ave – plenty of parking available).
Dates: On Sundays starting mid-late April – through early June (no Academy sessions on Mothers Day or Memorial Day weekend)
* Note – May 21st session will be held in conjunction with the Mag-U Club end-of-season picnic at the Magnolia Play-field in the Magnolia neighborhood.
More about Mag-U Academy:
- The Mag-U Academy is a safe, fun-filled basic lacrosse skills development program for boys in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade from any Seattle neighborhood.
- This is a non-contact environment designed to introduce the basics of the game and stick-handling in a no pressure, series of clinics over 6-8 weeks starting during April each year.
- Kids will be grouped by grade, although more skilled players might be asked to play up. The focus is on skill development: ground balls, passing, throwing, cradling, and shooting followed by 3-v-3 games of Chumash for the second graders.