Please check the registration page for current registration status.
The 7/8 team is for boys and girls currently enrolled in grades 7 or 8. This team participates in full contact competitive play.
Practices traditionally start in February, with games against Seattle Metro Youth Lacrosse Association (SMYLA) teams starting in March and continuing through mid-May.
There is an option for a group of players, as selected by the coaches based on skills, coach-ability, and sportsmanship, to play on a Props 7/8 tournament team after the conclusion of the season. The tournament team continues practice through May and June, with tournament play in June.
- Practice typically occurs weekly on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from 5:45 -7:15 pm or often later from 8:00 – 9:30 pm. Practices from February through mid-March are usually held at Loyal Heights Play-field (subject to Parks Department field allocations which are not final until January).
- In mid-March practices use a similar schedule but may occasionally transition to Soundview Field behind Whitman Middle School.
- Games start mid-March and run through mid-May and occur on Saturdays.
- The 7/8 tournament team keeps practicing and competes during June at a selected group of tournaments in the Seattle Metro area.
- Players are required to have a stick, protective cup, helmet, gloves, pads, approved chest protector, etc. Props is happy to provide loaner equipment for first year players or based on financial need.