Please read program details below and let the club know of any questions.
The Props Academy is a safe, fun-filled basic lacrosse skills development program for boys in 1st and 2nd grades from any Seattle neighborhood.
This is a non-contact environment designed to introduce the basics of the game and stick-handling in a no pressure, series of clinics over 6-8 weeks starting during April each year.
Kids will be grouped by grade, although more skilled players might be asked to play up. The focus is on skill development: ground balls, passing, throwing, cradling, and shooting followed by small sided games for the kids.
Props Lacrosse emphasizes the ELM (effort, learning and mistakes) of the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). The participating coaches include HS aged alumni of the Props Lacrosse program along with some of the current coaches of our 3-8 grade teams. The kids are in good hands.
Cost – Free to participate, but Academy participants are required to be a member of US Lacrosse – which costs about $30 per player – please view all member benefits and join before starting registration for Academy.
Academy Program Note: Dates and times of the 2020 Academy are listed below.
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title=”2020 Academy Schedule” open=”yes”]
2020 Schedule for Academy:
- April 26th – (Magnolia Play-field near the cross streets of 32nd W & W Armour)
- May 3rd, 17th*, 31st (near the cross streets of 32nd W & W Armour * – see note below for the May 17th Season Ending Picnic)
- June 7th, 14th – (Magnolia Play-field near the cross streets of 32nd W & W Armour)
Time: 1-2:15 pm
Location: At the the large grassy field in Magnolia Play-field (behind Monger Pool). More details to be communicated to registered attendees.
* Note – a session is usually held in conjunction with the Props Club end-of-season picnic at the Magnolia Play-field in the Magnolia neighborhood – we use the baseball field area near the intersection of 32nd W & W Smith St.[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Equipment Requirements”]
Equipment by age group –
* Your child can bring their own stick or use our loaner sticks. Gloves are optional and helmets are not required. This designed to be a no-contact learning environment.[/su_spoiler] [/su_accordion]